Pursuit of Happiness II

26 July 2009



1.
On a whim, I bought fake nails from CVS. They were "Real Life! Petits"-- not too ostentatious, but simple and feminine and the kind you glue on with a little tube of superglue. Cheap but not too tacky. I think someday in the distant future I will be horrified that I superglued little plastic nails onto my own fingertips, but today I love them! I love looking down to see the tan of my hands highlighted by my glossy nails, and I love handing things to people, palm down, fingers obvious, my french tips glowing with femininity.

2.
We stopped at Five Guys for dinner on Friday. I was hungry and the group was obliging. Of course I ordered a Bacon Cheeseburger. And also a large fries to keep my friends from just sitting and watching me eat. 'Eat' is really too tame a word to describe the thrilling experience of smelling and tasting and chewing the best Bacon Cheeseburger I have ever had. The fries were sub par, but the burger-- c'était incroyable!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Well, actually, the first thing I thought when I saw this picture was, I'm so glad she still has that cute hair. But the thought was quickly crowded out by,"Wow, look at her nails!" Mums

JenLee said...

Mal - Your hair is so cute! I covet it! Also I love you and I can't wait to see you in the Fall.

Alicia said...

I love your fake nails too! Also, you should be able to connect to my blog now.

But no that I kind of keep this blog on the DL. Few people know about it and I like it that way... I am afraid of others' judgment.

Anthony D said...

You're funny Mal. That's all.

 
si quid novisti... - by Templates para novo blogger