Retail Therapy

09 August 2009

I bought my very first ever purse today. And let me tell you why:

This morning I woke up and pulled on my new cream sweater, a cable knit American Eagle knock off I found on a Marshalls' junior rack, which means it was a ridiculously good deal. I wore it over a scoop-neck-tee with a funky print reminiscent of Middle Eastern art in off-white and taupe. Of course, I wore my favorite dark jeans, and rounded the whole thing off with chocolate ballet flats from the Gap.

But unfortunately my carryall bag/feminine briefcase is black.

And you cannot hold your head high and cary a black bag in brown shoes.

Had I still been living with my 10, 7, and 3 year old Kusinen, I could have perhaps found an appropriate clutch in their dress-ups, maybe something purple or sequined in gold. But they had left for Utah, and I had moved into a house full of boys. So no luck there.

I took the black bag-- I had no other choice, but on my way home, I visited my favorite thrift store and bought a real, genuine red purse. Of course while I was there, I had to find a couple more things that go with Red; some new sweaters, and a couple pair of grey and black shoes.

And to think I used to hate shopping!

2 comments:

Mom said...

In true Hales' fashion, your Great Aunt Johnnette LOVED retail therapy (especially at Ann Taylor and Eddie Bower and GAP) and then died and left you all of her old clothes. They are stacked up on my bedroom couch awaiting your arrival. BUT, I am so glad you went to your thrift store first -- not a one red purse in the whole pile! M.

cait said...

yay! i am glad you bought a red purse to avoid the brown-black dilemma. you can always borrow my green faux crocodile if you want to switch it up. 1 week and we're together again!

 
si quid novisti... - by Templates para novo blogger