Sabbath day observance

06 July 2008

I keep a notebook full of the ways I see God in my life each day. Some entries relate His nature's beauty, some His encouraging trials, all describe the tender mercy of my God who never forgets me.

Yesterday He gave me rain. Rain in torrents that veiled the windows and littered the forest's leaves to its floor. Lightening that lit up the sky more beautifully than any fireworks show. Thunder that rumbled like the deep breathing of the earth itself; I had forgotten the way thunder jostles the air and ripples through you- tangible.

Mrs. Lobauch let me sit on her porch to watch the heavens empty on her sodden Carolina forest. My parents sat inside to chat, but I sat in a stiff deck chair and let the heavy wet air embraced me. Here I breathed in thick breaths of my favorite air on earth.

This morning smelled like the sweet wet of a Carolina summer storm. This is the smell of home. They pray for rain here to water their summer-parched earth. I pray to thank God for His rain that watered my desert-parched soul.

1 comments:

Alan Taylor Farnes said...

Mallory my friend, i say you are deep and you laugh at me then I read on and I am proven correct. Perhaps, no one comments on your writings (or whatever you call them) because there is nothing to say. Your words bring such reflection and give a feeling that one may do anything, be anything, and be the best person they were meant to be. Your words give peaceful hope. Your writings are very white. And white is inviting. Thank you for your words and don't expect comments--nothing we can say does any justice to your words and will only make us look foolish in the presence of your writing. Write on--for i will continue to read.

 
si quid novisti... - by Templates para novo blogger