I am thankful for the scientific discoveries of pavlov

24 November 2008

I didn't really consider the implications of a vegetarian Thanksgiving until Jacob mentioned cooking up his 20lb turkey. And then I started salivating.

What is thanksgiving without that crispy skin which clings to the sweet, flaky flesh of a basted and stuffed bird? Without gravy or liver? This is moral dilemma to a new extreme.

And, oh! the Friday Sandwiches, with all the leftovers spread and piled between two thick bread slices.

Thanksgiving is flag-football with the Copes and Grandma's orange rolls; it's fold-out tables borrowed from the church and that yam dish my mommy makes. But never has November's 4th Thursday been a real celebration without a dead, plucked and roasted bird.

hmm. Tofurkey?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

As for me and my house, we will eat the turkey...

 
si quid novisti... - by Templates para novo blogger